“Servant to birthing Women”
You deserve the best
Birth is sacred. You deserve to have the knowledge, confidence and power to navigate birth in whatever setting you choose. Interventions will effect both your and baby’s experience of birth in a profound way. Being prepared and supported can bring peace and confidence. You have a blueprint for birth and your body knows what to do when you surrender! But fear can often influence decisions, and it’s common for providers to “bully” you to accept their agenda. There is a better way! I am committed to support your birth journey through education, comfort measures and belief in your body and your baby- whether at home or hospital terrain, for the highest outcome- no birth trauma for you, your baby or your family!
Why you need a Doula for birth
From the beginning of time, women have been cared for and nurtured as they become mothers. I am here to support you and your partner for this sacred journey. ALL women benefit from having a doula for birth.
I offer physical, emotional and partner support; and also resources, information and education. Check out the options on our products page!
Community with other pregnant women
Sacred Pregnancy Retreat
Supporting Mind, Body and Spirit
books I recommend:
* Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Dr. Sarah Buckley…Sarah, a dr., explains how an undisturbed birth is safer and healthier than a medicalized birth
* Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin.. Excellent collection of real birth stories. Helpful for perspective on labor.
* What Every Pregnant Woman Should Know: The Truth about Diets and Drugs in Pregnancy by Gail Brewer Sforsa
* Real Food for Pregnancy: The Science and Wisdom of Optimal Prenatal Nutrition by Lily Nichols… Excellent resource on diet during pregnancy
* Birthing From Within by Pam England... Takes you to a place of reality, acceptance and strength for your birth journey.
* Sacred Pregnancy by Anni Dalter... Put the beauty way into your pregnancy. Observe and celebrate the changes throughout your journey from Maiden to Mother.
* The First 40 Days : The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother by Heng Ou...Emphasizes the importance of the postpartum period for new mothers by creating space for this essential period of integration and recovery. She revives the lost art of caring for the mother after birth.
The Business of Being Born:
This film puts birth into perspective in today's culture